Little World Family Child Care & Preschool 小小世界中英雙語幼兒園 offers a child-centered and developmentally appropriate program for two- through five-year-old children in Evergreen San Jose.
We have chosen to implement the play-based learning framework of Creative Curriculum for Preschool. Creative Curriculum is a comprehensive system of learning based on research and knowledge regarding all areas of child development – social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language.
The teachers use their own experiences, as well as the children’s interests, to adapt the curriculum to be unique to each child. Classroom observations and assessments become important tools for the teachers to communicate with parents.
Play allows children to learn about the world and themselves. As children play, they learn new skills, develop coping mechanisms, test new ideas, and master their bodies and problem-solving skills.
We provide a family-like setting that allows each child to experience a variety of roles. Children learn best in an environment of love, trust, understanding, patience and consistency.
Students can excel academically, while experiencing the values of cooperation, respect, self-confidence, and most importantly, JOY OF LEARNING.
- Language (English and Mandarin bi-lingual中文採繁簡體併修), Math, and Science learning centers in preparation for kindergarten.
Very high percentage of our graduates have been admitted into the most competitive kindergarten programs in Harker, Challenger and Stratford school.
- Creative development, housekeeping, art, craft, music, song and movement, percussion. All designed and conducted based on different age groups.
- Health and physical development; large and small motor activities, personal hygiene experiences.
- Self-selected activities. Play will introduce the children to the world around them, and build self-confidence and problem- solving skills.
- Music and the arts are integrated throughout the daily curriculum. Individual classes directed by professional tutors are also scheduled each week.
- Special themes for each season and major holiday to promote social skills.
- Monthly schedule is planned and published to all parents at the beginning of each month. So parents know exactly what their children are learning in school and can also help to monitor progress.